Five men survive CO poisoning after car left idling in garage

    Garage door jammed? Is it making noises? Is it an emergency?

    Looking for a garage door repair technician near you? When it comes to garage door repairs in Edmonton and the surrounding communities, you need an expert you can count on. We are a locally owned professional overhead door repair company with over 12 years experience.

    CALL US FOR AN ESTIMATE: ☎️ (587) 804-2072

    Or, fill out the following form and we will contact you as soon as possible.




    Show us the damage: Send us some photos for a FREE cost estimate.

    Service areas include: Beaumont, Northwest Edmonton, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc, Southeast Edmonton, Spruce grove and more.

    Scroll down to read the rest of this article titled Five men survive CO poisoning after car left idling in garage.

    Five men survive CO poisoning after car left idling in garage

    A man who survived carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday when a car was left idling in an attached garage said he and his four roommates were lucky.

    The five men living in the southeast Edmonton home near 37A Avenue and 23rd Street are all expected to be home Monday night after being tested and treated in hospital.

    The men were at home Sunday afternoon, when one of them went to the garage to warm up a car.

    The car idled for more than 40 minutes. The overhead garage door was left half open.

    The man, who did not want his name used, told CBC the car automatically shut itself off, but more than two hours later, they realized something was seriously wrong with one of the roommates.

    “He was feeling pretty bad. He said, ‘I’m not feeling good’, I told him to get some rest.” 

    But after resting, the man still felt awful and the men called for help.

    “One person was feeling dizzy and the rest of them were having some headache,” he said.

    Edmonton Fire Rescue platoon chief Gregg Menard said when they arrived at the home, three men were unconscious.

    ‘Very high levels’ detected

    “We determined there were very high levels of carbon monoxide detected in the home,” he said. “This is why people had passed out, were feeling very ill, and vomiting and so forth.”

    The man at the home said it was an accident.

    “It was wrong and dangerous as well,” he said.

    But he said everyone is out of danger.

    Menard said cars should be warmed up outside and even then…

    Read more…

    Hope you enjoyed our article titled Five men survive CO poisoning after car left idling in garage. Besides “Five men survive CO poisoning after car left idling in garage”, feel free to browse our blog for more great content. Overhead Door Pros Edmonton.

    Recommended articles

    Garage Door Installation Saskatchewan

    Geofencing Market Size Current and Future

    While geofencing has actually been around for a while, the popularity of smartphones and mobile devices now makes it incredibly valuable as a marketing tool for business owners. Geofencing offers a world of possibilities for

    Garage Door Installation Sherwood Park

    Smart Garage Door Opener System Market Size 2020

    New Jersey, United States,- Verified Market Research has released a new Smart Garage Door Opener System Market growth 2021-2028 survey report that includes data and statistics related to the market structure and size. The aim of

    Contact Us
    Contact Us!

    Garage Door Pros Edmonton

    With Over 15 Year Of Experience,
    You Can’t Go Wrong.

    CALL Us ☎️
    (587) 804-2072

    We serve:
    Beaumont, Summerside,
    Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc, Glastonbury,
    Southeast Edmonton, Southwest Edmonton, Sherwood Park,
    Spruce grove, St Albert, Stony Plain
    and the wider Edmonton area.

    COVID-19 NOTICE:
    Our technicians are equipped with masks and gloves complying with health and safety regulations.
    This is default text for notification bar